例：In a lecture hall of a university in England sits a professor.
- 以 here, there，now, then 引导的句子，要完全倒装。这种句子中的谓语动词通常是不及物动词。如：Here comes the train! / There goes the bell!
Here he comes . / Here it is .
- 句首以 out , in , up ,away , down 等副词开头，句子要完全倒装。（注意，这时句子的主语也必须是名词。如果是人称代词，也不能使用倒装结构。）
如：Up went the rocket. /Up it went.
- 介词短语作状语在句首，句子要完全倒装。注意，这时句子的谓语动词通常是不及物动词。 如：In the front of the lecture hall sat the speaker.
例：Never in my life have I seen such a thing.
如：How did you do that?
Did you see the film yesterday?
- if 虚拟从句中如有 were ( had , should ) , if 省去后，要部分倒装,把 were，had，should 提到主语前面。如：
If you had come yesterday, you would have seen him.
---Had you come yesterday, you would have seen him.
- as 引导的让步状语从句，要部分倒装（表语、状语倒装）。有以下几种形式：
如：Much as I like it (=Although I like it very much), I will not buy it. 2）动词置于句首。
如：Wait as you may (= Although you may wait), he will not see you. 3）形容词或名词置于句首。
如：Proud as the nobles are (=Although the nobles are proud), they are afraid to see me. Child as he is (=Although he is a child), he can tell right from wrong.
如：A bad-tempered man as he is (=Although he is a bad-tempered man), he loves me deeply.
( not , not only , never , little , seldom , not until, hardly / scarcely /rarely, no sooner,not once, at no time,... )
Little do we know about him.
No sooner had he closed his eyes than he fell asleep. Seldom does he come back on Sundays.
Not until he came back did I know about it.
- only 在句首引导状语，或 not until 引导的状语在句首，主句要部分倒装。如：Only then did I realize the important of English.
Only when a child grows up does he understand his parents’ intentions.
但若 only 修饰的是句子的其它成分，则无需倒装。
如：Only socialism can save China. (only 修饰句子的主语，仍用正常语序)
- not only ... but also ... 引导两个并列句，前倒后不倒。
如：Not only does he do well in his lessons, but also he often helps others with their lessons.
- 在以 often, well, many a time, now and again 等方式或频度副词(短语)开头的句子中,要用部分倒装结构。如：Many a time has John given me good advice. / Often have we made that test.
May you succeed!
- so 或 so 引导的短语放在句首,要部分倒装。
So loudly did he speak that even people in the next room could hear him.
so…that 结构中的倒装。有时要强调 so 所修饰的形容词或副词，常将 so 连同它所修饰的形容词或副词一起提到句首。这时，主句要用倒装结构。如：
He runs so fast that he is far ahead of others.
---So fast does he run that he is far ahead of others.
He is so clever that he can work out all the difficult problems in the book.
---So clever is he that he can work out all the difficult problems in the book.