1. let's walk to the shops instead of taking the car,___?
2. The travel agency is arranging for us ___at a really nice hotel.
3. I wouldn't want ___of my parents to know I have a boyfriend.
4. I am beginning to think that ___people say about him is true.
5. I ___the whole of War and Peace by the time I was seven years old.
C、had been reading
D、had been read
6. Paul is a real introvert in contrast___his brother Andrew.
7. If I ___lottery,I'd give some of the money to each member of my family.
8. Medicine should not be kept ___it is approachable to children.
9. Most people are___in a dentist's office than in a doctor's office.
B、more obviously nervous
C、obviously more nervous
D、more nervous obviously
10. If we ___enough rain last year. we could have gained a good harvest.
11. We___today and I got into trouble because I hadn't done it.
A、had checked our homework
B、had our homework checked
C、were checked our homework
D、have checking our homework
12. Bill asked me why ___to go shopping with me.
A、I hadn't invited him
B、hadn't invited him
C、I hadn't him invited
D、hadn't him invited
13. After finishing her course, Rachel went on ___a well-known lawyer.
14. This is the book in ___ Foster described his experience of the war.
15. Never___ a greater day in the history of mankind.
A、did there be
D、there has been
16. Gymnastics ___ to activities which requires skill such as speed and adaptability.
17. Apple ___to have put a lot of effort into developing wireless ear-buds.
B、it is said
18. There are___ Chinese restaurants in New York City as in Boston
A、twice as many
B、twice as much
C、as twice many
D、as twice much
19. The old temple ___ roof was damaged in a storm is now under repair.
20. The engineers are so busy that they don t have time for outdoor sports activities____
They have the interests.
21. Researchers have ___to the conclusion that your personality is affected by your genes.
22. She kept practicing ___she could win the National Speaking Competition.
B、in order to
23. Carl wasn't very good at mountain climbing as he's afraidof___.
24. Harry and Sam both denied that the fight was their___.
25. The government should do more for___ people.
26. Some drugs produce bad side___.
27. It is wise to___your property against storm damage.
28. Joe told me a joke today but I didn't ___ it at all.
29. I think she ___ her fortune in the shipping industry.
30. I really don't ___ the point of taking the exam when you are not ready for it
31. The debate will ___place tonight.
32. Ivan tells me he really ____himself at your barbecue last week.
33. What's the ____between New York and Chicago.
34. They were accused of interfering in China's internal____.
35. Please don't forget to___ your essays during Friday lesson.
36. The teacher asked some questions to make that___ the student understand the text.
37. She is finding ___ with the way I do my hair.
38. Joe stared at me for a moment and then reluctantly ___ his hand.
39. The earth ___the necessary amount of heat and light from the sun.
40. Slow down! I can't ___ with you!
Today it __41__ have a bad reputation as a cause of addiction and obesity(肥胖)，but for a long time sugar was a luxury(奢侈品)and__42__the opinion of the medical profession it still should be.
During the nineteenth century, however, manufactures discovered __43__of producing it in vast quantities and it has since become__44__ of the staple(主要的) articles of diet. Particularly __45__ the lower social classes. It has the advantages of __46__comparatively cheap easily digested, rich __47__ energy and useful for flavoring.
It's major__48__ are that it lacks nourishing(营养的) quality except that of giving energy, and __49__ of its attractive flavour it __50__ to displace other much valuable foods __51__ the diet .Most serious of all is its adverse __52__ on health. Since excessive consumption can cause heart __53__ obesity and dental decay. The latter is widespread among the inhabitant (居民) of western countries .From the very young to the very old.__54__anyone escapes. Yet if parents drastically reduced the __55__ confectionery(甜食) they allow__56__ children to eat, the extent of dental decay would soon be controlled And __57__they were to __58__ down their own consumption of sugar, they would suffer much __59__ from diseases resulting directly or indirectly from their__60__ overweight.
41. A、must B、may C、should D、could
42. A、to B、on C、for D、in
43. A、problems B、difficulties C、ways D、origins
44. A、same B、one C、simple D、well-known
45. A、between B、with C、to D、among
46．A、be B、having to be C、being D、have to be
47. A、in B、with C、to D、for
48．A、disadvantages B、qualities C、characteristics D、uses
49. A、thanks B、because C、due D、opposite
50. A、tends B、owns C、has D、is
51.A、out of B、from C、within D、of
52. A、strength B、outcome C、result D、effect
53. A、broken B、disease C、break D、stop
54. A、no way B、hardly C、if D、most unlikely
55. A、amount B、variety C、kind D、quality
56. A、/ B、their C、the D、for
57. A、then B、as C、if D、however
58. A、shut B、slow C、cut D、turn
59. A、least B、less C、/ D、more
60. A、having B、gaining C、having been D、being
More and and more around the world are taking part in dangerous sports and activities. Of course , there have always been people who have looked for adventure--those who have climbed the highest mountains, searched into unknown parts of the world or sailed in small boats across the greatest oceans.
I would consider bungee jumping to be a good example of such an activity. You jump from a high place 200 meters above the ground with a rope tied to your feet. You fall at up to 150 kilometers an hour until the rope stops you from hitting the ground.
why do people take part in such activities as these? Some people suggest that it is because life in modern societies has become safe and uninteresting. But in the past, they had to go out and hunt for food, and diseases could not easily be cured.
Nowadays, life offers little excitement. They live and work in safe conditions, they buy food in shops and there are doctors and hospitals to look after them if they become ill. The answer for some people is to look for danger in activities such as bungee jumping.
61. According to the passage more and more people around the world today ____.
A、are taking part in games that are very safe.
B、are aware of the risk of some activities.
C、are trying dangerous activities for excitement.
D、are looking for ways of showing their courage.
62. Bungee jumping is an activity that you ____.
A、jump down to the ground without holding to a rope
B、fasten yourself to a rope and fall from a great height
C、jump up as high as you can
D、move down a rope to the ground
63. Many people take part in sports with the purpose of ____.
64. Nowadays people think that life is ____.
65. What can be the title of the passage?
A、The need for Excitement
B、Interesting Bungee Jumping
C、Dangerous Sports and Activities
D、Morden Life and Activities
The year was 1932. Amelia Earhart was flying alone from North America to England in a small single-engined plane. At midnight, several hours after she had left Newfoundland. she ran into bad weather. To make things worse, her altimeter failed and she didn't know how high she was flying. At night, and in a storm, a pilot is in great difficulty without an altimeter. At times ,her plane nearly plunged into the sea.
Just before dawn, there was further trouble, Amelia noticed flames coming from the engine. Would she be able to reach land? There was nothing to do except to keep going and to hope
In the end ,Amelia Earhart did reach Ireland, and for the courage she had shown, she was Warmly welcomed in England and Europe. When she returned to the United States, she was honored by President Hoover at a special dinner in the White House, From that time on. Amelia Earhart was famous. What was so important about her fight? Amelia Earhart was the first woman to fly the Atlantic Ocean alone ,and she had set a record of fourteen hours and fifty-six minutes.
In the years that followed , Amelia Earhart made several flights across the United States ,and on each occasion she set a new record for flying time .Amelia Earhart made these fights to show that women had a place in aviation and that air travel was useful.
66. Which of the following statements is NOT the difficulty which Amelia Earhart met in her fight from North American to England?
A、She was caught in a storm
B、The altimeter went out of order
C、Her engine went wrong
D、She lost her direction
67. When Amelia Earhart saw flames coming from the engine, what did she do?
A、She did nothing but pray for herself
B、She changed her direction and landed in Ireland
C、She continued flying
D、She lost hope of reaching land
68. According to the passage, what was Amelia Earhart's reason for making her flights?
A、To set a new record for flying time
B、To be the first woman to fly around the world
C、To show that aviation was not just for men
D、To become famous in the world
69. Which of the following statement was NOT mentioned?
A、She was the first women who succeeded in flying across the Atlantic Ocean alone.
B、She showed great courage in overcoming the difficulties during the flight.
C、She was warmly welcomed in England, Europe and the United States.
D、She made plans to fly around the world.
70. which of the following would be the best title for the passage?
A、Amelia Earhart--First Across the Atlantic
B、Amelia Earhart--Pioneer in Women's Aviation.
C、A New Record for Flying Time.
D、A Dangerous Flight from North America to England.
The Winter Olympics are also called the White Olympics. At this time, many colorful stamps are published to mark the great Games. The first stamps marking the opening came out on January 25, 1932 in the United States for the 3rd White Olympics. From then on, publishing stamps during the White Olympics became a rule.
During the 4th Winter Games a group of stamps were published in Germany in November 1936. The five rings of Olympics were sewn(缝制) on the front of the sportswear. It was the first time that the rings appeared on the stamps of the Whited Olympics.
In the 1950s, the stamps of this kind became more colorful. When the White Olympics came, the host countries as well as the non-host countries published stamps to mark those Games. China also published four stamps in February 1980, when the Chinese sportsmen began to take part in the White Olympics.
Different kinds of sports were drawn on these small stamps. People can enjoy the beauty of the wonderful movements of some sportsmen.
71. The White Olympics and the Winter Olympics are _____.
A、the same thing
C、not held in winter
D、held in summer
72. The world made it a rule to publish stamps to mark the Olympics Games _____.
A、after the year 1936
B、after the 3rd White Olympics
C、before the 3rd White Olympics
D、before the year 1932
73. The Winter Olympics are held once every _____ years.
74. Which of the following is TRUE?
A、Only the host countries can publish stamps to mark those Games.
B、Only the non-host countries can publish stamps to mark those Games.
C、All the countries can publish stamps to mark those Games.
D、Chinese has never published stamps to mark those Games.
75. What most probably appear on the stamps of the White Olympics?
Be aware of those who use the truth to cheat. When someone tells you something that is true, but leaves out important information that should be included, he can create a false impression.
For example, someone might say, “I just won a hundred dollars on the lottery. It was great. I took that dollar ticket back to the store and changed it for one hundred dollars!”
This guy's a winner, right maybe, maybe not. We then discover that he bought two hundred tickets, and only one was a winner. He's really a big loser!
He didn't say anything that was false, but he deliberately left out some important information. That's called a half-truth. Half-truths are not technically lies, but they are just as not honest.
Untrustworthy candidates in political campaigns often use this strategy. Let's say that during Governor Smith's last term, her state lost one million jobs and gained three million jobs. The she seeks another term. One of the opponents runs an advertisement saying, “During Governor Smith's term, the state lost one million jobs!” That's true. However, an honest statement would have been, “During Governor Smith's term, the state had a net gain of two million jobs.”
Advertisement will sometimes use half-truths. It's against the law to make false claims so they try to mislead you with the truth. An advertisement might boast, “Nine out of ten doctors recommend Yucky Pills to cure nose pimples.” It fails to mention that they only asked ten doctors and nine of them work for the Yucky Corporation.
This kind of deception happens too often. It's a sad fact of life. Lies are lies, and sometimes the truth can lie as well.
76. In which of the following situations is a person telling a half-truth?
A、When somebody is telling a white lie.
B、When somebody is making up information.
C、When somebody is saying something that is wrong.
D、When somebody is intentionally leaving out important information
77. It can be inferred form the passage that _____.
A、advertisers always make false claims.
B、advertisement can be misleading due to partial information
C、Yucky pills are effective in curing nose pimples
D、the Yucky Corporation has a bad reputation for its drug
78. The underlined word “deception”(Para.7) is closest in meaning to “_____”.
79. The author clearly wants people to _____.
A、think carefully about what they read and hear
B、be firm supporters of a particular candidate in political campaigns
C、never place their trust in lottery winner
D、vote for female candidates in political campaigns
80. An appropriate title for this passage would be _____.
A、It Pays to Be Honest
C、Lying with the Truth
D、An Important Tactic in Advertising
86. As is known to us all, light runs faster than sound.
87. He feels it his duty to help others.
88. Nothing has happened since we parted.
89. He cannot be operated upon as he is very weak.
90. It should be understood that to err is human
I arrived at
the station I realized
that the train has gone away
A B C D
92. I should
tell you that youwill
find it hard to make friend with
A B C D
93. Thousand of
children are dying of
drinking unclean water everyday
in the developing
A B C D
94. The sun warms
plants to grow.
A B C D
the novel was finished
.Miss Smith suggestedto send
it to the Oxford Press.
A B C D
96. Scarcely had
we come into
the classroom than
the bell rang
A B C D
97. Would you consider to give
five minutes beforegiving up
waiting for her.
A B C D
98. I am going
tohave my letter type
tomorrow if I've got
A B C D
99. The reason
Tom has made great progress
she has never wasted
A B C D
100. The fire quickly spread to
the first floor where
all the equipments
A B C D
Directions: For this part, you are required to write a composition on the topic: Part-time Jobs.
You should write at least 120-word and base yours composition on the outline given in Chinese below.
81.参考答案：This book is the most interesting book I have ever read.
82.参考答案：He took his students to factory for a visit.
83.参考答案：Given enough time, I can do it well too.
84.参考答案：Thank you for giving us so much help.
85.参考答案：It was in the street that I met him yesterday.
91.参考答案：D---had gone away
92.参考答案：C---make friends with
98.参考答案：B---have my letter typed
101.参考答案：On College Students'Taking Part-time Jobs
In contemporary society, college students' taking part-time jobs has become a hot topic. It has a great influence on college students' life.
I believe there are both benefits and drawbacks for this issue .Clearly , in addition to getting an income, college students taking part-time jobs may enjoy a more exciting lifestyle as they can meet people from all walks of life and develop a sense of responsibility which can’t be learned in the classroom.
On the other hand, the negative effects of part-time job are also obvious. Students who take part-time jobs may have less time focusing on study, and if they seek to excel in both the part-time job and study, the busy life they lead may put their health at risk. Besides, the society is much more complicated than they expected ,they may be exposed to danger sometimes.
In my opinion, college students ought to strike a balance between academic study and part-time jobs. And always bear in mind that a student's priority is to acquire knowledge at school.