1. But for the reform, we ______ such great achievements.
A. shall not make B. could not have made C. should not make D. can not have made
2. I need a helping hand, but I would sooner you ______.
A. come B. coming C. will go with me D. didn’t join me
3. If the government had built more homes for the poor several years ago, the housing problems now ______ so serious in many parts of the country.
A. wouldn’t be B. won’t be C. will not have been D. would not have been
4. Tom might have come to school in time for the lecture ______.
A. if he got up earlier B. unless he had got up earlier
C. but he got up rather late D. but he had gotten up late
5. They took the injured straight to the hospital. Otherwise some of them ______.
A. might have died B. might die C. would die D. could die
6. It is a perfect fit, sir. I ______ to you otherwise.
A. wouldn’t show it B. wouldn’t have shown it
C. wouldn’t take it D. wouldn’t have taken it
7. Jeff looked as if he _______ a ghost.
A. saw B. has seen C. had seen D. would see
8. I would have gone to the concert, if I ______ time.
A. had had B. have had C. had D. would have had
答案： 1. B 2. D 3. A 4. C 5. A 6. B 7. C 8. A