重点：常见并列连词的用法(如：and , but , or , so , for);从属连词的用法。
1. John wanted to play basketball, and it was raining and he stayed at home.
Not many people realize this, ______it is quite true.
A. but B. however C. so D. that
2. -Can I help you?
-Well, I’m afraid the box is too heavy for you, ______thank you all the same.
A. and B. so C. or D. but
3. The human body can go without food for a long time, but two______ three days without water usually result in death.
A. and B. but C. for D. or
4. She hardly ever goes to ______ the theatre.
A. neither the cinema or B. neither the cinema nor
C. either the cinema nor D. either the cinema or
5. Try your best ______ you’ll certainly succeed this time.
A. so B. and C. or D. for
6. She remained silent, ______ her heart was heavy and her spirit low.
A. so B. though C. for D. therefore
7. He talked at the top of his voice, ______ he drew nobody’s attention.
A. yet B. instead C. so D. though
8. Watch your step, ______you might fall into the water.
A. or B. and C. unless D. but
1. B 2.A 3.D 4.D 5.B 6.C 7.A 8.A