Part ⅠVocabulary and Structure (1×40 points)
Directions: There are 40 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE that best completes the sentence, and then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
1. Let’s walk to the shops instead of taking the car, ______?
A. shall we B. don’t we C. will we D. won’t we
2. The travel agency is arranging for us ______ at a really nice hotel.
A. stay B. of staying C. to stay D. staying
3. I wouldn’t want ______ of my parents to know I have a boyfriend.
A. either B. any C. neither D. none
4. I am beginning to think that ______ people say about him is true.
A. which B. this C. what D. /
5. I ______ the whole of War and Peace by the time I was seven years old.
A. was reading B. had read C. had been reading D. had been read
6. Paul is a real introvert in contrast ______ his brother Andrew.
A. with B. by C. to D. against
7. If I ______ lottery, I’d give some of the money to each member of my family.
A. win B. have won C. will win D. won
8. Medicine should not be kept ______ it is approachable to children.
A. when B. where C. which D. that
9. Most people are ______ in a dentist’s office than in a doctor’s office.
A. obviously nervous B. more obviously nervous
C. obviously more nervous D. more nervous obviously
10. If we ______ enough rain last year, we could have gained a good harvest.
A. have B. had C. have had D. had had
11. We ______ today and I got into trouble because I hadn’t done it.
A. had checked our homework B. had our homework checked
C. were checked our homework D. have checking our homework
12. Bill asked me why ______ to go shopping with me.
备案信息：豫ICP备2023009672号-1 Copyright © 2007-2020 trzsb.com